This post will detail my process of packaging my game for distribution and testing the result on another computer.
1. This step is just confusing. The step doesn’t really say where to put this manifest or what to do if my package has no name (mine just calls itself the default package). So I just called it src.SpaceFrenzy for lack of a better idea to call the main class.
2. Opened SpaceFrenzy.
3. Selected export.
4. Selected Java -> Jar
5. Selected all the files I wanted.
6. All I have are my source files so I’m including those I suppose.
7. I’ll put on the desktop for easier access. I’ll call the jar Space Frenzy.
8. Can’t find my manifest. It is in my Space Frenzy folder but it doesn’t show up. I guess I’ll just let it generate one for me.
9. Clicked finish. The exporter complained about some warnings but I already knew that.
10. Put a copy of JIG on the desktop.
11. Double clicked on the jar… and the system gives me a warning sound but no messages.
I suppose I will need to tinker with the manifest file to make it work. After adding a regular file through Eclipse and naming it manifest.mf, I still get the same response from the system as with my other methods. I created a duplicate of my original package, naming it spacefrenzy so that there wouldn’t be an issue with the names but no change in the behavior of the jar. Even changing the Main-Class line from spacefrenzy.SpaceFrenzy to spacepfrenzy\SpaceFrenzy got the same results. I will have to tinker with it more to see if I can make it work, however, no luck so far. I even put in the full file path of the class but no luck. After much tinkering, no luck. I’ll have to try again at another time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment