Summary of my posts so far
Set up of Blog
- Installed Skype, Eclipse and got headset
- Tried to get account on JIG wiki but couldn’t figure it out
- Created a Live Journal (but later abandoned it)
-Wrote instructions on how to join and post on LJ community
Setting up JIG and starting the Space Frenzy Tutorial
Setting up Jig
- Set up JIG
- Instructions might be slightly outdated regarding versions of Java
- Might be useful to include getting latest JDK
- Might be useful to have instructions for adding JIG to existing programs
Part 1
- Small typing error in Part 1
- Confused slightly about who target audience is
- I like how the tutorial is put in terms of Object Oriented Programming
Part 2
- I messed up and included zip file instead of Jar for JIG
- JIG used up a lot of CPU usage when I ran it (FYI, my CPU is an AMD Athlon XP 3200+, 2.20 GHz)
- Computer slowing has no effect on game performance
Part 3
- Tutorial provided useful descriptions of objects in program
- Used Eclipse to import correct libraries
- Eclipse doesn’t seem to care if I had Override or not
- Found rapid development and results very useful and encouraging
- Wasn’t sure on scope of angularVelocity (public, private, protected?)
- Slightly confused on what source file I was supposed to edit
- Might be useful to note which imports are needed
- When I tried to display fps in this step while the game was running, it didn’t show
Interns vs. JIG vs. Blogger
- Stephen had trouble, I tried to help him
- One of his problems was he included zip instead of jar
- Wasn’t sure about error with constructor
- Had issues with blogger
Continuing with Space Frenzy
- Finished part 3 by adding asteroids class
Part 4
- Might be useful to put world size macros into the first steps
- Added asteroids layer, no problems
Finishing Space Frenzy
- Might be useful to note user needs to add new objects to constructor
- Forgot to new shipLayer
- After adding the last step I found that I got a run time error
- Java was looking for sprite called “asteroid”
- Readded PaintableCanvas.loadDefaultFrames("asteroid", 128, 128, 1, JIGSHAPE.CIRCLE, null);, problem fixed, probably better way to do it
-After problem was fixed, game functioned normally
Last Impressions
- Might be helpful to have some sort of conclusion or ending tips
- Got a good taste of JIG
- Part 4 might be better broken up
- Didn’t need Javadocs
- Didn’t understand super(“somename”) in constructors
- Wrote a section in about suggestion written revisions
- Numbering of classes was confusing
- Bullet5 class doesn’t play sound when bullet shoots unlike the comments in code suggests
Trying to Jar Space Frenzy
- Couldn’t manage to jar the program
- Didn’t understand parts of instructions
- Ultimately couldn’t figure it out
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment