I sent a copy of the modified ReadMe (now version 1.6) to my supervisor and Stephen.
Here I will discuss what I added/modified which I thought would help students complete the assignment:
The first thing I added was a description of a Linked List. I had no idea if the students/people this is given to know what a Linked List is. So I included a little description as to what one is and a little about linked lists. After that I included a little objective statement to summarize what the goal of the project was.
I left the set up instructions and the running simulation instructions alone. I didn't feel like they needed to be modified and were clear enough. I did include on how to get to the interface inside the linked list jar (since that java file had the comments needed to understand the assignment in full) and a dumbed down version of what was written in the interface.
At the end of the README I included a few general tips for programmer.
I considered adding methods in LinkedListNode that would be useful/needed but I assumed that the end user would know enough Java to be able to look at the information presented to them by Eclipse or NetBeans. If they really wanted to they could just look at the LinkedListNode class for its methods.
I also added comments to my code just in case it will be used for something later with this project.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment