Stephen asked me a few questions about Space Frenzy, one of the two I was able to answer and solve (hopefully). The first problem was the jar file. I’ll go ahead and admit I did the same thing. We tried to import the zip file instead of the jar file inside the lib file in the zip. It may useful to instruct users where the jar file is inside of the zip folder to drop the hint that the zip isn’t the jar.
His second problem was SpaceFrenzyStep0 was blowing up on the constructor. After posing several questions (like did have his jar imported correctly, were there other source code files interfering, etc.) I decided I couldn’t figure it out. I went so far as asking for his code and running it on my setup. So far as I understand, it runs fine. My only guess is something is setup wrong. For the time being, I’m at a loss at how to help him. I’ll muse on it some more later.
I found out that I don’t like Blogger. Sure it was an easy set up and you can add all sorts of features to it but there are two things that have been nagging at me. One, I am not too sure how to change the width of the field for the blog entries. I probably could muck around in the template and hope for the best but I’m not optimistic since it seemed other blogs had pretty much the same width. Another thing that irritates me is the fact copy/pasting from Word into the blog is a crime against nature apparently. Blogger errors and scolds you for putting in HTML code that is invalid. Mind you I never touched the HTML. Once I do a copy/paste/save of my text into a notepad document that seems to strip it of whatever formatting it was unhappy about. I guess that’s a brute force way of dealing with it but I kind of don’t want to process my posts that way. I’ll deal for the moment and hopefully find a way around that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment