-After repeating the simple steps of creating a project and importing the JIG engine, the program still had numerous exception errors when calling the constructor. Profressor Wallace helped me troubleshoot the problem and found that I did not have the Java JDK installed at all, which resulted in the errors. After downloading JDK 6 update 14, the compile/run errors are no more.
-I'm not sure what level of knowledge the reader is assumed to have, but libraries are not included in the sample code, probably to reduce clutter. If that is intentional, it might be worthwhile to note that the libraries must be included for the code to function properly.
-Completed code samples of Ship1, SpaceFrenzyStep0, SpaceFrenzyStep1, when I run the simulation I get a blank window with a cyan colored ship pointing to the right with a 0 inside it. Everything seems to be going as planned.
-The step to include the ship movement is pretty confusing. I'm not entirely sure which source file to put this code in. Luckily, I guessed right and all seems to be functioning properly. The Wiki probably shouldn't assume the user is going to guess correctly.
- The ship's thrust, momentum and velocity all appear to be working correctly, which is a relief. It is great to see a simple and working model so early in development. The wrap-around of the ship also appears to be working correctly.
-Implemented the asteroid class without any trouble.
-Step 4 opens up with a code snippet referencing a Ship4 class which to my knowledge hasn't been implemented. I just assumed it was referring to Ship1 on the 4th step, renamed and continued on.
-This entire time, the numbers after each class are really starting to snowball. By that I mean that rather than hassle with creating a brand new class and copying the code every time I wanted to just overwrite the existing class. Well, every time I need to copy a new piece of code, there are numbers all over the place that have to be changed and they seem to be causing trouble. The entire concept of those numbers seems to be pointless.
-The last step of step4 is to change the constructor of asteroid, which breaks any previous calling of the constructor without a parameter. Now I'm unsure as to what to put in there. I am also getting a warning in SpaceFrenzyStep# when calling a new VanillaSphereCollisionHandler, saying there are Type Safety issues.
- The last error I'm getting is in breakApart's declaration, it says "The type list is not generic; it cannot be parameterized with arguments
Possible typos:Step3
Finally, we make use of the fact the our ship has two frames, ...
Step4
However, layers to let us group objects together in a meaningful way.
-- This sentence doesn't make sense to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment